hard heads soft hearts

a scratch pad for half-formed thoughts by a liberal political junkie who's nobody special. ''Hard Heads, Soft Hearts'' is the title of a book by Princeton economist Alan Blinder, and tends to be a favorite motto of neoliberals, especially liberal economists.
mobile
email

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, June 14, 2002
 
Concerning the military ballots, I'd like the story
not to be true, but if it is true, I don't want them
to get away with it.

I believe that at a minimum, a bunch of servicepeople
more or less spontaneously decided to send ballots to
Florida after the deadline. I would find that to be
irritating and annoying, but not really evil.

In any case, it seems to me that a reasonable way to
find out if all those ballots were mailed after the
deadline is to mail some letters from the appropriate
bases to Florida addresses and see how long they take
to get there, and then compare that with the date the
ballots arrived, etc.

Have you considered doing this?

Also, I read somewhere that McCain was conspicous for
not attacking Gore over the military ballots. Is this
true?