hard heads soft hearts

a scratch pad for half-formed thoughts by a liberal political junkie who's nobody special. ''Hard Heads, Soft Hearts'' is the title of a book by Princeton economist Alan Blinder, and tends to be a favorite motto of neoliberals, especially liberal economists.
mobile
email

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, June 14, 2002
 
I'm from the Lyons-Conason school of loyal
pro-Clinton/Gore Democrat, so naturally I often
disagree vehemently with much of what you write. And
I'm not the only liberal mildly annoyed that a Tory
has the lead column for the flagship liberal American
opinion journal.

That said, your Condit analysis was the best I've seen
on the subject. You asked the two important questions,
and answered them persuasively (though I think its
pretty clear that Condit stonewalled between the
second and third interview. Since the police seem to
have sought the third interview mainly for PR reasons,
however, it can be argued that the stonewalling didn't
really impede the investigation.) Your analysis of why
everyone is jumping on Condit was very good too
(except for Josh Marshall. I suspect he just needs the
money;).

So well done. I may have to *gulp* give your opinion
more respect when I disagree with you now. Though as a
way to return the favor, I should point out that Lyons
& Conason have been critical of the Condit mediathon
as well.